THE MAX is like a sampler platter.
It gives you just a taste of the cultural and creative experiences you’ll find in all the different corners of the state. And after one bite, you’ll be craving more.
Once you’ve explored THE MAX, take the next step. Your journey through Mississippi’s rich creative landscape will lead you to places off the beaten path, and well worth discovering. Now that you’ve already discovered a little bit about them at THE MAX, you’ll have the big-picture background to appreciate them even more. Who knows, you might just blend in with the locals.
THE MAX is proud to direct our visitors to other important museums and cultural destinations within Mississippi that contribute to Mississippi’s legendary arts and entertainment experience.
Where should you go next?
- Tupelo’s Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum
- Indianola’s B. B. King Museum
- The Grammy Museum in Cleveland
- Morgan Freeman’s Ground Zero in Clarksdale
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville
- Jackson’s Eudora Welty House and Garden
- Oxford’s Rowan Oak – Home of William Faulkner
- Ocean Spring’s Walter Anderson Museum of Art and Peter Anderson’s Shearwater Pottery
- Ohr O’Keefe Museum of Art in Biloxi
…and many others